The Crilly House c2014
photo courtesy rodneyrobinson.co.uk
The Crilly House in 1956
Crilly house is in County Tyrone, Ireland, 3 miles from Aughnacloy. It is about an hour for the Belfast International airport.
King William III granted our ancestor, James Pettigrew (1659-1753), a tract of 300 acres where he built his home and named it “The Crilly House.” The stone and slate house still stands. It has three stories that were originally covered by a thatched roof that was removed in the 1814. The house was remodeled again in 1850.
Ownership remained in the Pettigrew family until 1909. Chilly house is in County Tyrone, Ireland, 3 miles from Aughnacloy. It is about an hour for the Belfast International airport.
Our ancestor was his son, also named James (1713-1784) who was born in Crilly House but moved to and settled in Pennsylvania in 1740. Chilly house is in County Tyrone, Ireland, 3 miles from Aughnacloy. It is about an hour for the Belfast International airport.
From Ancestral Records And Portraits From Archives of the Colonial Dames of America. The Grafton Press, Publishers, New York 1910:
The earliest known member of this family is James (1) PETIGRU, who left France in the time of Louis XIV, on account of his religion, and went to England, where he became an officer in CROMWELL's army. After the marriage of his son James (2) to a Scottish lady, he changed his name to PETTIGREW, owing to the great enmity between the English and the French. His son, James (2) PETTIGREW, was an officer in King William's army at the battle of the Boyne; after peace was declared was given a tract of three hundred acres in the county of Tyrone. He married Martha MOORE and settled in Ireland, where his home was called "Crilly House," and here he lived and died. They had nine children."
Starting with my generation's grandmother, this line goes back to the first James Pettigrew/Pettigru born in France, 1584. His son came to Scotland in